Friday, August 28, 2015

Silk fashion winter collection for woman // Shop Vida



The past few years I have been trying to improve my sewing skills. As a fabric designer I thought it would make sense to have a little insight about the sewing process, to understand my customers needs I had two years of sewing classes. But unfortunately I seem to have found my calling already: being a fabric designer and illustrator.

When I was a little girl I would look at my mom, she was always making lot's of home made clothes for me and my two brothers. While she was sewing I was drawing but I always wanted my mom to teach me her sewing tricks. Unfortunately she never had the chance to teach me and because I love making things by hand I thought it would be great to make my own things here in the studio. For styling photography and portfolio shoots. So two years ago I joined a sewing class, which is actually a great class. But I am not so great. I really hated the preparation, lord, all the cutting you have to do! And my eyes could not see all the thin lines so my cut out pieces of fabric were always a little off. My god I was a mess! After two years of trying I decided: "This is not for me." So I have been looking at ways to produce small scale fashion for woman. Since I already work in the fashion industry that mainly consist of designing baby, toddler and kids clothes, I wanted to have some adult pieces for my portfolio.

I came across a website called Vida, which offers designers a platform to sell tops and scarfs with their own artwork. Fashion with a cute trendy A-line cut and made from high quality silk. So if you would like one of these limited Little Smilemakers designs for this year's winter. Check out our Vida selection.